n.
be all in sb's/the mind
- 只是凭空想象
to be sth that only exists in sb's imagination
- These problems are all in your mind, you know.
你知道,这些问题都只是你的凭空想象而已。
bear/keep sb/sth in mind
bear/keep in mind that…
- 将…记在心中;记起;考虑
to remember sb/sth; to remember or consider that…
be bored, frightened, pissed, stoned, etc. out of your mind
- 感到非常无聊(或害怕等);烂醉如泥;晕头转向
to be extremely bored, etc.
be/go out of your mind
- 心智失常;发疯
to be unable to think or behave in a normal way; to become crazy
- You're lending them money? You must be out of your tiny mind!
你要把钱借给他们?你真是疯到家了。
be in two minds about sth/about doing sth
- 犹豫不决;拿不定主意
to be unable to decide what you think about sb/sth, or whether to do sth or not
- I was in two minds about the book (= I didn't know if I liked it or not) .
我说不清我是否喜欢这本书。 - She's in two minds about accepting his invitation.
是否接受他的邀请,她犹豫不决。
be of one/the same mind (about sb/sth)
- 对…意见一致;对…看法相同
to have the same opinion about sb/sth
be out of your mind with worry, etc.
- 极度焦虑(或愁苦等);忧心忡忡
to be extremely worried, etc.
bring/call sb/sth to mind
- 想起;记起
to remember sb/sth
- She couldn't call to mind where she had seen him before.
她想不起来曾在哪里见过他。
- 使想起;使记起
to remind you of sb/sth
- The painting brings to mind some of Picasso's early works.
这幅油画使人想起了毕加索早期的作品。
come/spring to mind
- 突然记起(或想到)
if sth comes/springs to mind , you suddenly remember or think of it
- When discussing influential modern artists, three names immediately come to mind.
在讨论现代有影响的艺术家时,一下子有三个名字出现在脑海中。
have a good mind to do sth
have half a mind to do sth
- 想去做某事,可能会做某事(但不确定)
used to say that you think you will do sth, although you are not sure
- I've half a mind to come with you tomorrow.
明天我可能会和你一起去。
- (表明有心做某事,但未必采取行动)
used to say that you disapprove of what sb has done and should do sth about it, although you probably will not
- I've a good mind to write and tell your parents about it.
我真想写信给你父母,告诉他们这件事。
have sb/sth in mind (for sth)
- 心中有适当人选(或想做的事等)
to be thinking of sb/sth, especially for a particular job, etc.
- Do you have anyone in mind for this job?
你有没有想到什么人可以做这项工作? - Watching TV all evening wasn't exactly what I had in mind!
我才不愿整个晚上看电视呢!
have it in mind to do sth
- 打算做某事
to intend to do sth
have a mind of your own
- 有主见;能自作决定
to have your own opinion and make your own decisions without being influenced by other people
- She has a mind of her own and isn't afraid to say what she thinks.
她有主见,并且敢于表达自己的观点。 - My computer seems to have a mind of its own!
我的电脑好像也有它自己的想法!
lose your mind
- 发疯;神经错乱
to become mentally ill
make up your mind
make your mind up
- 做出决定;下定决心
to decide sth
- They're both beautiful─I can't make up my mind.
两个都很漂亮——我难以决定。 - Have you made up your minds where to go for your honeymoon?
你们决定好到哪里去度蜜月了吗? - You'll never persuade him to stay─his mind's made up (= he has definitely decided to go) .
你根本无法劝他留下来——他已经拿定主意了。 - Come on─it's make your mind up time !
嗨!你该作出决定了!
mind over matter
- 精神胜过物质(用精神力量处理物质问题)
the use of the power of your mind to deal with physical problems
your mind's eye
- 想象
your imagination
- He pictured the scene in his mind's eye.
他想象出了这一场面。
on your mind
- 挂在心上;惦念
if sb/sth is on your mind , you are thinking and worrying about them/it a lot
- You've been on my mind all day.
我一整天都在为你担心。 - Don't bother your father tonight─he's got a lot on his mind .
今晚就别打扰你父亲了——他的烦心事儿已经够多了。
put/get sth out of your mind
- 不再想;有意忘记
to stop thinking about sb/sth; to deliberately forget sb/sth
- I just can't get her out of my mind.
我就是忘不掉她。
put sb in mind of sb/sth
- 使某人想起
to make sb think of sb/sth; to remind sb of sb/sth
put/set sb's mind at ease/rest
- 安慰;宽解;使宽心
to do or say sth to make sb stop worrying about sth
put/set/turn your mind to sth
set your mind on sth
- 集中精力做;下决心做
to decide you want to achieve sth and give this all your attention
- She could have been a brilliant pianist if she'd put her mind to it.
如果她专心致志,坚持到底,她本可以成为一名杰出的钢琴家。
take your mind off sth
- 转移一下注意力;暂时将某事忘记
to make you forget about sth unpleasant for a short time
to my mind
- 依我看;以我之见
in my opinion
- It was a ridiculous thing to do, to my mind.
依我看,这样做是很荒唐的。
at/in the back of your mind
- 在潜意识里;依稀记得
if a thought, etc. is at the back of your mind , you are aware of it but it is not what you are mainly thinking about
bend your mind/efforts to sth
- 致力于某事;专心致志于
to think very hard about or put a lot of effort into one particular thing
blow your mind
- 使某人兴奋(或吃惊)
to produce a very strong pleasant or shocking feeling
- Wait till you hear this. It'll blow your mind.
等着听听这个吧。它会让你大感意外的。
sth boggles the mind
- 使人无法想象;使人难以接受
if sth boggles the mind or the mind boggles at it, it is so unusual that people find it hard to imagine or accept
- The vastness of space really boggles the mind.
太空之辽阔的确使人难以想象。 - ‘He says he's married to his cats!’ ‘The mind boggles!’
“他说他和他的那些猫结婚了!”“难以置信!”
cast your mind back (to sth)
- 回顾;回想
to make yourself think about sth that happened in the past
- I want you to cast your minds back to the first time you met.
我要你们回忆初次见面的情景。
change your/sb's mind
- 改变决定(或看法、主意)
to change a decision or an opinion
- Nothing will make me change my mind.
什么都不能让我改变主意。
a change of mind
- 改变看法;改变主意
an act of changing what you think about a situation, etc.
close your mind to sth
- 对…拒不考虑(或置之不理、置若罔闻)
to refuse to think about sth as a possibility
cross your mind
- 掠过心头;出现在脑海
to come into your mind
- It never crossed my mind that she might lose (= I was sure that she would win) .
我从来没想过她会失败。
be etched on your heart/memory/mind
- 铭记在心;永志不忘;牢记心头
if sth is etched on your memory, you remember it because it has made a strong impression on you
great minds think alike
- 英雄所见略同
used to say that you and another person must both be very clever because you have had the same idea or agree about sth
know your own mind
- 知道自己想做什么;有主见
to have very firm ideas about what you want to do
a meeting of minds
- 彼此间的深刻理解(尤指初会时就意见一致)
a close understanding between people with similar ideas, especially when they meet to do sth or meet for the first time
have/keep an open mind (about/on sth)
- 愿意聆听(或接受)意见;(对…)不怀成见;思想开明
to be willing to listen to or accept new ideas or suggestions
open your/sb's mind to sth
- (使人)思想开阔,意识到某事
to become or make sb aware of new ideas or experiences
give sb a piece of your mind
- 表明对某人的行为不满;向某人表示恼火
to tell sb that you disapprove of their behaviour or are angry with them
prey on sb's mind
- 萦绕心头;使耿耿于怀
to make sb think and worry about it all the time
push sth to the back of your mind
- 刻意忘掉(不愉快的事);把…丢到脑后
to try to forget about sth unpleasant
- I tried to push the thought to the back of my mind.
我尽量把这个念头忘掉。
(not) in your right mind
- 精神正常(或不正常)
(not) mentally normal
have a memory/mind like a sieve
- 记性差;健忘
to have a very bad memory; to forget things easily
out of sight, out of mind
- 眼不见,心不想
used to say sb will quickly be forgotten when they are no longer with you
slip your mind
- 被遗忘
if sth slips your mind , you forget it or forget to do it
speak your mind
- 说心里话;说实在的;坦率地说
to say exactly what you think, in a very direct way
stick in your mind
- 经久不忘;铭记在心
to be remembered for a long time
- One of his paintings in particular sticks in my mind.
他有一幅画我记得特别清楚。
a turn of mind
- 思维方式;思想方法
a particular way of thinking about things
of unsound mind
- 精神失常,神志不清(无须对自己的行为负责)
not responsible for your actions because of a mental illness
v.
do you mind?
- 别这样好不好
used to show that you are annoyed about sth that sb has just said or done
- Do you mind? I was here before you.
你别这样好不好?我比你先到。
I don't mind admitting, telling you…, etc.
- 我不在乎承认(或告诉等)
used to emphasize what you are saying, especially when you are talking about sth that may be embarrassing for you
- I was scared, I don't mind telling you!
说真的,我吓坏了。
I don't mind if I do
- (礼貌地表示愿意接受)好的,可以
used to say politely that you would like sth you have been offered
- ‘Cup of tea, Brian?’ ‘I don't mind if I do.’
“喝杯茶吧,布赖恩?”“好的。”
if you don't mind
if you wouldn't mind
- (想要确保对方不反对,或客气地请人做事)你不会在意吧,你若不介意的话
used to check that sb does not object to sth you want to do, or to ask sb politely to do sth
- I'd like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind.
如果你不介意的话,我想问你几个问题。 - Can you read that form carefully, if you wouldn't mind, and then sign it.
请您仔细看一看那份表格,然后签个字,行吗?
- (表示反对某人所做的事或所说的话)如蒙你不在意
used to show that you object to sth that sb has said or done
- I give the orders around here, if you don't mind.
不好意思,在这里我说了算。
- (表示委婉拒绝)
used to refuse an offer politely
- ‘Will you come with us tonight?’ ‘I won't, if you don't mind─I've got a lot of work to do.’
“你今晚和我们一起去吗?”“对不起,我不去了——我有好多事要做。”
if you don't mind me/my saying so…
- (批评等之前说)你不会在意我这么说吧
used when you are going to criticize sb or say sth that might upset them
- That colour doesn't really suit you, if you don't mind my saying so.
这颜色并不十分适合你——我这么说,你不会介意吧。
I wouldn't mind sth/doing sth
- 我很想要;我很乐意做
used to say politely that you would very much like sth/to do sth
- I wouldn't mind a cup of coffee, if it's no trouble.
要是不麻烦的话,我很想来杯咖啡。 - I wouldn't mind having his money!
我愿意接受他的钱!
mind your own business
- 想自己的事;别管闲事
to think about your own affairs and not ask questions about or try to get involved in other people's lives
- ‘What are you reading?’ ‘Mind your own business!’
“你在读什么呢?”“少管闲事!” - I was just sitting there, minding my own business, when a man started shouting at me.
我就坐在那儿,也没招谁惹谁,忽然有个男人对我大喊大叫。
mind the shop
- 临时代管;帮忙关照
to be in charge of sth for a short time while sb is away
- Who's minding the shop while the boss is abroad?
老板出国期间由谁代管?
mind you
- (对刚说过的话加以补充,尤使语气减弱)请注意,说实话
used to add sth to what you have just said, especially sth that makes it less strong
- I've heard they're getting divorced. Mind you, I'm not surprised─they were always arguing.
听说他们要离婚了。告诉你吧,我并不感到意外,因为他们总是争吵。
mind your Ps and Qs
- 要礼貌庄重
to behave in the most polite way you can
never mind
- (用于安慰)没关系
used to tell sb not to worry or be upset
- Have you broken it? Never mind, we can buy another one.
你把它打碎了?没关系,我们可以再买一个。
- (表示并不重要)没关系,无所谓
used to suggest that sth is not important
- This isn't where I intended to take you─but never mind, it's just as good.
我没想带你到这里来——不过没什么,这里也不错。
- 更不用说
used to emphasize that what is true about the first thing you have said is even more true about the second
- I never thought she'd win once, never mind twice!
我还以为她一次都赢不了,更别说两次了!
never mind (about) (doing) sth
- (因为某事是次要的,或因为你要做某事)别想它,先别管
used to tell sb they shouldn't think about sth or do sth because it is not as important as sth else, or because you will do it
- Never mind your car─what about the damage to my fence?
先别管你的车——我的围栏撞坏了,怎么办? - Never mind washing the dishes─I'll do them later.
别管洗碟子的事了——等一下我会洗。
never you mind
- (表明不会告诉对方)不要问,别管
used to tell sb not to ask about sth because you are not going to tell them
- ‘Who told you about it?’ ‘Never you mind!’
“谁告诉你这事儿的?”“别问了!” - Never you mind how I found out─it's true , isn't it?
别问我是怎么知道的——这是真的,对不对?
mind/watch your step
mind/watch your step